Thursday, March 8, 2007

Renos - no pictures

Well the renovations are still moving along and keep growing. My new pantry is ready to be painted although I still don't have my door. I am waiting for a sale. We had all the holes in the living room fixed and now it's ready to be painted. We have to take out the old carpet and put in the laminate flooring. We thought it might be better not to have laminate right to the front door, so guess what ? We are putting in tile. We got a sale on some discontinued stock at Home Depot and got enough to do both bathrooms too. Renovating is like a slow moving fungus. It just moves through your whole house the minute you start. Almost everthing in the house needs to be replaced or updated. It will be nice when it is done. I am getting impatient already. In a month or so I want to be outside in my yard, not still painting inside.
As soon as I figure out Jen's camera and how to load pictures onto my computer I will have more pictures. I have done it before , I think my old brain has just forgotten again!

7 comments:

Cindi said...

you got tile?! hooray! why didn't you tell me?! that's so exciting!

Trav said...

i'm going to phone you this afternoon after my test and i'll let you know how it goes... i can also maybe try and talk you thru the pictures thing... or if fred stops by she could just do it/show you

footsack said...

I totally get the reno's stuff. We did the same thing. You fix one thing and then the rest looks not so nice so you just keep going and going....and going.
Can't wait to see all the after pictures.

Unknown said...

Renovations sound like so much fun. I wish I owned my own house so I could do some. Actually, my house is pretty good, just some minor things. I'd like to paint the cupboards. And change the curtains. And of course, the yard, but we'll just try to forget that exists. Can't wait to see the pictures once you (or someone) figures it out!

Carol said...

I agree about the reno's moving slowly. We painted in the kitchen, even the ceiling, and now the flooring needs to be replaced. So, there was a sale on tile, but since the house sits on a slab, the floor is cold. Art found on sale the heaters to put under the tile, but couldn't find any tile. So, the crap flooring is still in the kitchen. I am pretty sure in our case, the snails are moving faster than we are.

Margaret said...

I would so love to see your new home and have coffee on your deck. You really need pictures though, Sue. You know that we all love pictures. Miss you.

Melanie said...

can't wait to see the after pictures. I love renos, it's like cleaning but better!