Thursday, March 29, 2007

The knee bone's connected to the thigh bone, the thigh bone....

... and so it goes with renovations.
I do have shelves in my pantry now.
The rest of the renos have slowed down considerably.
You know how it goes, every project is conected to the next next project. We need base boards, but, before we can do them we need to finish the flooring. Before we can finish the laminate we have rip out the carpet and do the tiles at the front door. We need to buy the motar and the grouting before we can do that. I don't want to rip out the rug if we can't get the flooring done before Cindi and Chloe come out. Can't have Chloe playing on a rough wood floor. So the saga continues. I would like it all done soon so that I can start working in the yard as soon as it's nice enough.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

It's never ending! :O It sucks that you can't do everything at once. I'm sure everything will look GREAT once it's done, though. Wish I could come and see it!

Anonymous said...

phone me when you want me to come help

Margaret said...

I would so love a pantry like that. As for working outside, my rhodo is blooming. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the color in the kitchen, if I haven't told you already.
The guy landscaping our backyard seems to be doing that. Build a retaining wall for three weeks, build a cobblestone backyard with holes for plants (we don't like grass here apparently, too much work), build a cobblestone pathway to lead from the concrete path at the side of the house to the cobblestone backyard. Do it all at 7am right outside my open bedroom window. On Saturday please. I'm sure he'll be starting on the front yard too, very soon.

footsack said...

Man do I know what you are talking about. We haven't done any renos since Alberta but I still remember how that went. You start a small job and soon you wonder why you didn't just demolish your house and start over from scratch. It looks good though. Hope you finish soon.

By the way, Mom and Dad arrived safely and it was a good thing I had rented a wheel chair. Dad's legs were not so good. But they are here and his sense of humor is still intact even though I wanted to cry :)

Carol said...

I know the feeling. My kitchen still does not have baseboards, because we want to rip the lino out and do tile. Can't find tile we like, and ofcourse now I want have the kitchen with a mexican flair. Sheeeeeesh.

Your pantry looks great.

Trav said...

it's time for another post...
i know you have stuff you can post too... do it.... doooo it

Becky said...

K. Seriously. Time for a new post.

Dooooo it.

Trav said...

i know... i'm really one to talk... but meh... post something new.... dooooo it