Friday, June 15, 2007

Going to Eagles Cove

I really have mixed feelings about this missions trip. First, I hate to leave Mom and Dad at this time. There is still so much to do to get them ready to move. Second , I don't travel well. I am thinking I should just take a bunch of gravol and climb in the back of the van and sleep for the duration of the trip. I do really want to be at the camp and do whatever we need to do to help Bera and Bonita get it ready for thier first Bible Camp this summer. Minus the mosquitos and the black flies it will be a great time.


I have tried to imagine the camp looking like this.
( our Mexico missions trip)


or like this
(where I would like to go someday)


REALITY CHECK!!!

I think this is more what it will be like.

Beautiful ? Yes.

You just can't see the mosquitos and black flies.
I will keep working on having a positive attitude.
I think I can endure a few insect bites for the cause.
See you in a weeks time.

7 comments:

footsack said...

I like the first two pictures better. The mosquitos and black flies are a definite draw back.
Pray the trip is all that you expected and then a bunch more. I hope you are blessed right out of your socks. Just wish so much that I could come and help mom and dad right now.

Margaret said...

I will pray for safety, freedom from pain, and that God will bless you, like Mitz said, right out of your socks.

Abe&Maggie said...

We hope that you both have a blessed time there, we are sure that you will both be a blessing as well.Like Mitz said it would be nice to come and help Mom & Dad, but Margaret does not really enjoy going out to Sask. by herself.
We are so excited that Mom & Dad are moving closer to family. That makes us feel so much better.
God Bless your mission trip!

Carol said...

I pray for the best on your trip. Wish there was something I could do about the flies and mosquitos.

Becky said...

Sigh. That third picture? Is about a ZILLION times nicer than Eagle's Nest. (Their first camp.) That place was a field in the middle of some trees with a dugout to swim in and another dugout for canoes surrounded in this clay mud stuff that stank and was really hard to get out of your hair. So. Let's just all hope the third picture is closer to what you will see when you get there. Cause you could do a LOT worse. A. LOT.

Worse. So worse.

(The horror of the memories is starting to get to me. I need to get myself a brown paper bag and take some deep breaths.)

Hope your trip is super. I'm expecting a full report when you get home.

Sue said...

Becky, you wouldn't believe it. That third picture is almost exactly what it looked like. I was amazed when i came home and looked at this picture. It is a beautiful place. My full report is cooking, washing dishes, more cooking and more dirty dishes. I was hoping to be more involved in the hands on work of improving the camp but it didn't work out that way so you will have to get the rest of the story from Uncle Marv, Kelly or John and Brenda. Them and the rest of the team got a lot accomplished. We will have lots of pictures.

Margaret said...

How long have you been home already? I keep looking for pictures and . . . nothing. I guess I'll have to call you to get details and be patient for the pictures. Maybe I'll have to wait until I come there to sit and look at pictures with you.