Thursday, May 31, 2007

Hindsight or Hindsite?

Why is it that Hindsight is 20/20?

Why could I not see what was going to happen while I ws sitting on my deck enjoying my morning coffee?

But no, I just had to have that patio block raised up a bit. I could have waited for a couple of hours for Trav to come over and do it for me. Anyway, to make a long painful story short I tried and did eventually succeed to move the patio block, put some more sand under it and put the block back again. In the process I really hurt my lower back. somewhere in the area of my siatic joint. It has been getting steadily worse since Saturday. I went for a massage yesterday and by evening I could hardley move. With the crazy month I have coming up I wish I had used some hindsight( or commen sense), then my hindsite would not be so sore right now.

So everytime you go to sit down, stand up, walk, or lay down, please remember to pray for me and that my hindsite will heal quickly.

15 comments:

John said...

Oh Susan I know exactly what you mean. Maybe not the sore back, but sure about hindsite versus remember that I am not as young as I once was. I will definately pray for you.

Margaret said...

Sue, I know yopu read John's blog about losing things and not remembering stuff. You are getting old. Like the people in that email you sent me. Oh ... now, I know what happened. You forgot that you were getting old and thought you were still young enough to do that kind of work. Seriously, I do hope and will pray for you to get better soon. Sitting in a van all the way to Ontario could be quite a trip for you.

footsack said...

You're going to Ontario?? Why do I not know this? Tried calling again this morning but you still weren't home. Maybe you're in Ontario already?

...ill be praying.

Trav said...

nah.... she was at grandma and grampa's.... you could try her there... or on her cell if you have that number

Sue said...

I think my trip to Ontario may be off. So much to do...so little time.

John said...

Susan if at all possible you need to go to Ontario. You will have such a great time and who am I going to grill, if you don't go.

Anonymous said...

I find heat does wonders for me.
Others find cold works.
Others alternate heat and cold to get relief.

This trip sounds like the one that they're highjacking my brother from B.C. to go on. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

The hindsite will heal, after all, we are all praying for you. Just like John, you will be totally well soon. His is just taking a little longer.
M.K.

Anonymous said...

man you sound just like a braun woman in this post. "I'll be fine, I can do it myself". Man...lol. I wish I were not exactly the same...silly braun women.
Hope you still get to go on your trip.

Anonymous said...

what is this i hear about you being a grandma again???? A post on jens blog wowie!!!!!

Becky said...

LOL. Hindsite. Ha ha ha ha! Good one Aunty Susan! I hope you feel better soon. I hate having a sore back. It sucks.

Carol said...

Sorry to hear that you hurt your hindsite. I pray you will be feeling better soon. Art is hurting too, but his is more his "backsite" and possibly a "hipsite"

Cindi said...

Mom, you should post some pictures of your new living room floor before I come! You don't want me to be too surprised and drop your grand daughter when I walk into your house next weekend. Do you?!

Anonymous said...

auntie sue!! i'm waiting for pics of your new sink!!!

Sue said...

Thanks again for the sink Leah. As soon as Uncle Marv gets it put in I will post before and after pics.

Anonymous said...

cindi... nice try... i've been trying to get her to post pics of the new living room for a while now... i don't think your arguement will work as chloe will probably walk herself into the house, or be walked in by mom :P