Sunday, November 29, 2009

My " Ya Ya Sisterhood "

I have been truly blessed with the sisters in my life.


There is no Friend like a Sister


There's no better friend than a sister -

There's no one more loyal and true . . .

and even when sisters are different . . .

their likeness come shining through!


Perhaps it's a family resemblance

that strengthens the bond they share . . .

or maybe it's just that sisters

live life with a similar flair!


A sister remembers your childhood -

She knows more than you will admit

of times you were Little Miss Perfect . . .

and times you were just a little “s...tinker."


She's seen you in some situations

when silence just wouldn't suffice . . .

and managed somehow to get by

with those sisterly words of advice!


And when some encouragement's needed . . .

a sister will always be there . . .

to listen . . . to laugh . . .or to lean on . . .

to comfort, or simply to care.


T
here's no one who's more in your corner . . .

and no one you're more grateful to.

There's no better friend than a sister . . .

and no better sister than you.


taken in part from "There Is No Friend Like A Sister" by Mary Engelbreit



These are three very special people in my life. They are, my Mom of course, without her this post wouldn't even be possible. On the left Margaret and next to her Mitz. They are as much alike as they are different. I have seen them both come against some insurmountable obstacles. Just when you think "This is it, she just can't take anymore" they come up with this inner strength and tackle whatever they have to, to get through the crap life sometimes hands them. That inner strength comes through time spent talking to God. We had two great role models in our parents who taught us that anything is possible with God. They are both great mothers. Not only to the children they gave birth to but to stepchildren, foster children, adopted children and for Mitz , children-in-laws and grandchildren. I am so proud of my sisters and the great women they have become. My greatest wish is that I could spend more time with them.

But they buggered off and left me all alone. HA HA HA

See what I have to put up with!!!


Well I am not totally alone. God blessed me with some wonderful sister-in-laws.

With these girls I always forget the "in-law" part!

These lovely ladies took over the job of raising my brothers,
when they married into our crazy family.
And what a fine job they did.!!!!
They each made me an Auntie, which is a role I love.
Each one of them has a very special place in my heart and I love them all so much!.

"Seven Brides For Seven Brothers"

Orla- (Peter)



Christine- (John)


Margaret "E" - (Henry)


Carol - (Art)


Colleen - (Jake)

Maggie - (Abe)


Carolyn - (Dave)




And then...

My Friend...My sister
This is my friend Val.

She does not have any sisters and since mine are far away we decided that we would be sisters. I have also seen her overcome challenges that would have made most women give up. She credits all of who she is to God. She is one of the strongest people I know. She is a wonderful mother and wife, and just recently became a grandma to two little boys. She encourages me to be the best that I can be and then to accept that. She accepts me for who I am and helps me to dream of becoming more. I can go to her house for coffee and rant about whatever is bugging me and go away feeling encouraged and ready to face whatever comes my way. Sometimes I'm back the next day ranting and raving about the same thing. I'm slow and someimes it takes a while for me to get it all figured out. She prays for me and my family. I can ask her to pray about anything and I know that she will.


"Thank you lord for my sisters"

13 comments:

Trav said...

i choked in laughter when i saw the pictures lol.. seriously that was awesome!

Unknown said...

:D I love this post! And I love that you're posting!

Dave said...

Yeah I burst out in laughter as well. You do have some very nice sisters there. I am sure margaret will insist that she didnt mean to be flipping the bird...ummmm yeah.

Sue said...

Ya, She has actually said that!!! But we who know her best know the truth.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
footsack said...

Very nice post!! Like you said, I owe it all to Him!
As far as that finger thing goes, I think you photo shopped that picture because I have NEVER given anyone the finger.
Margaret on the other hand, does it all the time but me??
Never! Ever!
Shame on you Margaret!!

Margaret said...

This is HILARIOUS!!! As for the picture? I had no idea you were that good at photo-shopping, Sue. Mitz would do that and has done it to me repeatedly. You, on the other hand, have just never been caught. You know you would do it to.

What a great post.

Christine said...

Seven brides for seven brothers...I never thought of that. It has been nice to have all these sisters seeing as how I didn't have any of my own unless you count Kent. Great post.

Margaret said...

Unless you count Kent. ROFLMAO!!! You are so hilarious! Oh my. I can't stop laughing!

Melanie said...

Oh man. What a great post.

Love it, and the comments are almost as good.

Anonymous said...

Oh man! the comments on here are hilarious!! I love how alike you all are:) Melanie is the only sister I know who gives the finger in our family. But with a mom like ours, you can't really blame her.

Melanie said...

WHAT?!?!

I don't do that almost ever. You are the rude one here. Read your blog if you don't believe me :)

footsack said...

November?? I'm sure you've had interesting things to put up here since November!!
Like maybe some pics of your house?? I'd love to see how things are coming along!