Wednesday, April 2, 2008

NaBloPoMo???

Well I did agree to do this. I have been wanting to start blogging again and couldn't come up with ideas for things to blog about I just didn't ...unlees I got tagged by Chris.

Cindi asked me to do this with her so here goes. I am going to follow the letters of the Alphabet. Which is what the NaBloPoMo people suggested. I am not as creative as Cindi to actually write letters everyday for a month.


Day 1 - A

Since My first post was supposed to be yesterday... April Fool's!!! I have nothing.


Day 2 - B


Brothers
I am fortunate to have 7, yes 7, brothers. Four older and three younger.

In this photo first on the left is Peter. He is the oldest and therfore expected to be responsible and to set a good example for the rest of the brothers. For the most part I'd say he did a pretty good job. All you have to do is be at a family gathering sometime and listen to the stories of some of the escapades that these boys were involved in and you know he may have slipped from seat of honor as the trail blazer of the GOOD Braun boys. I am looking forward to spending more time with Peter and his family once they are moved into their house her in town.

Then is John. The quiet one. Never caused alot of kerfluffle as a kid. Kinda just did whatever Peter did or maybe it was the other way around. They took care of each other. John has recently been diagnosed with cancer. I have been amazed many times at the stength and peace that he shows. I am praying that John is going to come through this and live to be an old man with lots of grandkids and even great-grandchildren. It's been a tough year and we may have to go through some more deep water before we see his complete healing but I trully believe it will be so. We have alot of camping to do yet.

Then beside John is Henry. I wonder if ,by looking at his cute little smile, you can tell who the tease or the "trroughtzieich bolche" was. Oh my goodness! could this guy ever be a pest. He just loved to laugh. If there was nothing funny happening he would start somthing going with one of us that usually only he found funny. We'ed cry, Mom would yell and Henry would giggle. I think he may still be like that a bit. Just go camping with him and his family sometime. Or if you dare get pulled behind his boat on a tube. Not that I have done the tube thing, but I have been in the boat when he had Trav and B.J. behind on a tube. I do hope that we can spend some time together at the lake this year. Those are the best times.

Now bside the big white dog named Chief is Willie or Art as we all know him as. Art and I are only a year apart and therefore we were quite close growing up. Us younger siblings used to love to tease him. We were quite mean at times. Sorry Art. He would retaliate with his Andres hotheadedness especially when we called him "Monty Schultz". It makes me laugh right now just thinking about it. Art and I shared alot of our friends, and had some pretty good times together. This fall I had the wonderful oppotunity to get to know my brother again. He stayed with us for 2 months while working out here. I will treasure those times forever and hope to have more of them soon. Maybe in BC at the Beach Hut.

These are the twins. Jake and Abe.They are five years younger than I am. I didn't have alot to do with them at home. But I do remember seeing them for the first time. I had to stay with Aunt Lena while Mom was in the hospital. I walked into the bedroom and ther were other women there, all watching as Mom nursed these two babies at the same time. I remember being alittle freaked out about this. For many years it was like they weren't two separate little boys they were just "The Twins". Since they have grown up I have gotten to know the two separate men. i do appreciate the Men they have become and hope to spend some fun times together with each of them annd their families this summer.


Then last but certainly not least is David or "Doft" as we affectionatly call him. As you can see in the picture He was traveling to BC even at this age. I had just turned 16 when he was born. I quit school and stayed home and helped Mom with him and the housework for a while. We became very close and even after I got married he would come and stay for weekends quite often. Then just like ever cute little boy they turn into teenagers and I who was and old woman in my late 20's and early 30's could no longer understand what made him tick. It was as if we spoke different languages. He of course didn't want to hang out with us anymore either. He had friends and youth group things to do. Then he met Carolyn and we started to see him a bit more. This fall they moved back to Sask for a few months and I so enjoyed getting to know him again. I really hope that they come out for a bit this summer.


Those are my brothers. I am blessed by having each one of them as part of my life and I love and appreciate them more than words can say.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Every day? Yes! Now that Melissa gave up the 365 thing I was wondering what I would get up for every morning. Now I know...

No pressure. ;)

Margaret said...

I am so happy that you are blogging again and every day for April. . . I love it! Maybe I will do it for May. Maybe. Don't everyone get all excited, I said maybe.

Margaret said...

By the way, Sue. I forgot to mention in my first comment, I love this post.

Christine said...

Great post. Monty Schultz...that kills me. LOL

John said...

Great post Sue. Thanks for the kind words. I know I wasn't always a nice brother growing up and still there are times now when I'm not. Growing older is not always a sign of growing up. But I do remember some good times. You and Marv coming over after our evening shifts ended and playing kaiser. You're a great sister and I love you as well.